The mission of El Centro is to unite all cultural backgrounds, Latinx and Chicanx;
to support, educate, and assist students in completing their educational goals while
providing cultural enrichment, and solidarity between Mt. SAC’s students and surrounding
- To increase the educational attainment of Chicanx/Latinx students.
- To educate the Chicanx/Latinx community and the Mt. SAC community about the diversity
that encompasses the Chicanx/Latinx cultural community.
- To provide a physical space that reflects the perspectives and culture of Chicanx/Latinx
- To provide educational, cultural and social programming that affirms and celebrates
Chicanx/Latinx identity and values, as well as the awareness of the social, political,
historical and cultural realities of the Chicanx/Latinx population.
- To broaden and facilitate the channels of communication between Chicanx/Latinx students
and the greater Mt. SAC student community.
- To support the development of students interested in the Chicanx/Latinx culture.
- To participate in the college’s core values of supporting equity and diversity.
- To provide information to enhance cultural awareness at Mt. SAC.
- Counseling and Advising
- Peer-to-peer Support
- Leadership and Community Engagement Opportunities
- Chicanx/Latinx Studies Library/ Archival Documents
- University Raza Youth Conferences
- On-campus and Online Cultural Events
Join El Centro for an afternoon at the Cheech Marin Center for Chicano Art and Culture
at the Riverside Art Museum on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:30 am - 5 pm
Sign up (required) at linktr.ee/ElCentroMtSAC
Limited spots available
Student Travel Medical Release Form (required)
Lunch will be provided at Mt. SAC, El Centro office Bldg. 9E, Second Floor at 11:30
Check in closes at 12:00 pm. Open seats will be given to wait list students at this
Transportation will be provided, leaving from Mt. SAC at 12:45 pm. Meet in front of
the Performing Arts Center.
Returning to Mt. SAC at 5:00 pm
For more info please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request reasonable disability related accommodations, please contact us at least
five business days in advance of the event.
MT. SAC COVID-19 UPDATE:
The Mt. SAC El Centro Program Office is open.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 909-274-5392 during our regular
business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
If you have a question for an El Centro Counselor or Advisor, please call us or email
email@example.com and one of our Counselors/ Advisor will respond. If needed, they can also help schedule
an appointment for you. Appointments are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30
pm and will be held in person, on Zoom, over the phone or email based.
We encourage you to follow us on social media on Instagram and Facebook for information and updates.
Student Services FAQs
M W F 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
T Th 8:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
Building 9E- Second Floor